I'm learning how to twist. No, not the dance you stupid mother ... wait. I don't insult my "readers". I'm not Jay lol. For all those who don't know what it is, Imeem Lupe Fiasco's "Don't Get It Twisted" or Gemini's "Chicago". Lupe is so ill because he did this part where he spit about 4 bars with no breath and then added in a gasping sound afterwards such as to say ... "that's what YOU'D sound like." Oh, and I forgot ... "Go Go Gadget Flow" is an example of twisting. He actually took his lines from the first freestyle for the chorus.
Man, I have some fucking issues. "Duh?"So I just let go of everything each day and hope that my mind or conscience would be a little clearer or cleaner.
I'm not a capitalizer. If that makes sense. I don't capitalize on things that I should. Leaves me 3 or 4 steps behind. If I did everything I wanted to to improve, I know I wouldn't be here right now. Quite literally. How many times have I thought of ways to get better and made plans and blueprints ... and faltered with going through with them? Too many.
I no longer want to be untrue. I want to know what my character is 100%. Who I am at the root. I can't bring it to myself to look that deep down. I'm scared of what I'd find. Maybe it'd be what others already see. Not all of the others, but the particular group matters.
I'm a rapper.
I'm a writer.
I'm human. I make mistakes. I don't always learn from them.
I'm unsure, unaware, and a whole bunch of other "un"'s.
I'm me?
I'm [ ]? You tell me.
4 comments:
[about to get bitch slapped]
ha, i have that lupe song on my playlist.
but that's fascinating to know, the whole twisting thing.
-does the twist-
The dance rocks, hater.
I'll insult you on your own blog, faggot.
Post a Comment