And then I realize I have sweatpants here.
But anyway, on to this feeling I have. Quite crazy no? Ohyes.
Before I get into all of that ... I ask ... that you listen to this song.
And vibe. Get in my mood. Listen to the lyrics.
On everything, I'd give up rapping to sing. To BE ABLE to sing. And not sing like Chris Brown or Usher ... but Ben Harper type. Just different, but awesome. Plus, he writes his own lyrics, and that's pretty much why I want to be able to sing. You can express so much more through singing than rapping. That's why I understand why Andre 3000 had that little period where he was just expressing himself through song. It's just so much more ... idk. It does something. Like, I love this:
In your eyes
The light, the heat
I am complete
I see the doorway
to a thousand churches
The resolution of all the fruitless searches
Oh, I see the light and the heat
Yes, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light
The heat I see in your eyes
The light, the heat
I am complete
I see the doorway
to a thousand churches
The resolution of all the fruitless searches
Oh, I see the light and the heat
Yes, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light
The heat I see in your eyes
That's so powerful to me. It just does something. And this song in the background ... makes me FEEL it. The video is nice too. Youtube it. Simple. Yet ... amazing. More so because of it's simplicity.
With so many people to love in my life, why do I worry about one?
But you put the happy in my ness, you put the good times into my fun.
But you put the happy in my ness, you put the good times into my fun.
Hrm. Means so much, these two lines. Even when I take them out of the context of the song lol. But yeah ... I feel a lot better tonight. Better that this weight or feeling or whatever has sort of been lifted from me. And I want to yell it from the yahoo servers. LMAO. Okay, I'll stop.
In some post Lizzy was like, "Learn this song.
Sing it to me till I fall asleep and I'll fall hopelessly in love with you. "
My turn.
In some post Lizzy was like, "Learn this song.
Sing it to me till I fall asleep and I'll fall hopelessly in love with you. "
My turn.
I know you may not want to see me
On your way down from the clouds
Would you hear me if I told you
That my heart is with you now
She's only happy in the sun
She's only happy in the sun
Did you find what you were after?
The pain and the laughter brought you to your knees
But if the sun sets you free, sets you free
You'll be free indeed, Indeed
She's only happy in the sun
She's only happy in the sun
Every time I hear you laughing, I hear you laughing
It makes me cry
Like the story of life, of your life
Is hello, goodbye
Shes only happy in the sun
Shes only happy in the sun
On your way down from the clouds
Would you hear me if I told you
That my heart is with you now
She's only happy in the sun
She's only happy in the sun
Did you find what you were after?
The pain and the laughter brought you to your knees
But if the sun sets you free, sets you free
You'll be free indeed, Indeed
She's only happy in the sun
She's only happy in the sun
Every time I hear you laughing, I hear you laughing
It makes me cry
Like the story of life, of your life
Is hello, goodbye
Shes only happy in the sun
Shes only happy in the sun
Ben Harper - She's Only Happy In The Sun
You don't even have to learn it. Or sing it to me. Just play it to me when I feel "eh" or "blah" or just randomly maybe ... and I'll treasure and adore you.
5 comments:
[sings]
i know a girllllllll, her name was truthhhhhhhhh. lol great song.
first of all, great pictures
[points to side bar]
black&white ipods? interracial loveeeee. awwwww.
a pair of worn out chucks? aww vintage love.
fuck love?
:( no no eric!
you love LOVE!
if you had sent me the song ... say.. THE DAY BEFORE then maybe i could've played it for you yesterday!
hopefully you're not still down & out.
if you are, i'll beat you up.
okay.. maybe not!
:]
fuck love.
for right now. maybe i'll change in the future.
but i'll change ittttt.
[sings more ben harper]
now you know who to play when im down.
aw @ the new picture.
you dream of love? lmaooooooo.
if i could recall my dreams, im sure they would all be about loveydovey shirt or dancing hearts. [giggles]
yeah, i went from fuck love ... to i dream of love.
go figure.
-pat your head
such a good sport.
anywho, how's the game?
Post a Comment