What do you do when someone you're interested in describes herself as a Summer? (from The 500 Days of Summer) That isn't necessarily the best thing you want to hear. Especially when you see facets of Tom's personality in yours.

So while discussing her Summer-ness (what I called it) she tells me how she's let down many guys lately because she wasn't "interested enough to take it to another level." Huh. Immediately in my head I'm thinking, "Whoa Eric, you've got to stop talking to her. This isn't going to go anywhere." Well maybe that's those guys, who knows, I could be different. After a few more texts it becomes evident that she's fine with being alone. Not that there's anything wrong with that, not at all actually considering awhile ago she was in a serious relationship.

Nothing wrong with that minus the fact that that isn't where I am right now and devoting time to her seems like it'd be unavailing. Pointless. Futile. Hopeless.

So I took a nap.

When I woke up I was thinking, "Why do I have to look for a relationship in the future? Can't I just enjoy us talking, getting to know each other? There doesn't have to be a promise for something to happen down the road for me to be happy, it can be nice just coexisting. Me telling very bad jokes and you pretending to like them, getting to know each other. Who needs the title or at the very least, the mild promise that there will be a title?"

Well, I think I do. Maybe it's because I've been left behind by enough women to know that if you like each other enough you should probably make it official. Maybe it's because talking to too many women at once isn't that cool to me anymore, so the feeling of putting all of my eggs in your basket knowing that you prefer to be alone right now makes me feel like I should talk to others. And I probably should. I was just trying this new thing of liking one girl and treating that serious instead of being the nigga texting five different women at the same time.

At the end of it all though I question my reasons for liking this girl. I feel they're genuine but like always I have to over-think the situation. Are we even compatible? Am I forcing things? Man, who knows.

No comments: