There's something to be said about the journey. Not any particular journey, just the journey that it takes to get from point A to point B. Or in my case it's frequently the journey that it takes to get from stupidity to enlightenment, and by enlightenment I mean slightly past stupidity.
My mother always tells me, "What you don't know could fill a book. A lot of them." Sounds profound enough but you have to say it in a condescending tone whilst imagining a teenager with fear in his eyes looking back at you. Now you know how she says it. Regardless though, she was right, something I will reluctantly admit. There's a lot of other things that she is right about but I would rather not write about them in case she ever comes across this in the future and realizes that every time she was giving me advice I was soaking it in, not staring at the ceiling wondering, "Ok, she can shut up now."
At 22 years of age I've probably been on hundreds of small journeys, learning lessons and whatever else comes along with failing, getting embarrassed, losing, etc. You know, the joys in life. I don't even know if this is enlightenment, it's more like, "fuck up enough times and you'll learn." I only rarely do.
No comments:
Post a Comment