Ever so often, people run back to the person they’ve tried so hard to escape from. Maybe it’s the comfort, maybe it’s the hope that there is change, maybe, just maybe, they see no other way. Whatever it may be, it is only a matter of time before you realize that taking ten steps back for every two steps forward never results in progression. Move forward, people. Keep it going.
That's from Julie Tran, one of my favorite writers and bloggers.

I had to quote it on here because it's pretty true. The person at the end of this post, that's someone that I personally try hard to escape from. I always do a bad job at it though because in some way, form or fashion I find myself making contact with them. I do it thinking that maybe the faults that I saw in them would magically disappear, or that they'll act differently. You really can't expect people to change for you, doing so is foolish. As foolish as running back to something you want to avoid.

I'm not even sure why we as humans continually do this.

No comments: