This morning will be spent scouring the interwebz for music. I have a few sites that I love, some hidden gems. I'll probably never share them with anyone. Just being selfish, excuse me. One of the sites has really quirky music, kind of hipster-ish. They also post a lot of mixes. Normally I dislike mixes (besides Cookin' Soul), but they have some quality ones. Ooh, the song that's playing now? From that blog. Love it.

I need more light music, that puts me in a good mood. That, just opened the window and sun is rising type of music. Whenever I get the time I plan on making some more playlists. I need a playlist for EVERYthing.
Car playlist.
Shower playlist.
Chillin' playlist.
Yardwork playlist.
Freaky playlist.
Etc, etc. I'm sure you get the idea.

I actually want to remix a quirky song. There aren't that many rappers than can do it successfully. Kid Cudi obviously can. Lupe. Wale can do it too, easily. I remember when I first heard W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E., it was perfect. One of my favorite Wale songs, to this day. Speaking of Wale, he's one of those artists I'd stick my neck out for.

Matter of fact, when it comes to "new" rappers right now, in terms of lyrical talent ... I'd have to go Wale > J. Cole > Big Sean. Yet Drake is my fave out of all of them because he makes better songs.

I'm also writing a 16 a day. We'll see how that goes.

Oh, and this post took FOREVER to write because I'm playing the MLB: The Show demo I downloaded off of the PS3 store. I may have to get this this weekend. Tell me this doesn't look amazing:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be selfish.

the dumb flyest. said...

So you like the song playing?