California the summer of ’10? I think so. Seriously, I want and need to make that happen. So yeah, half of every check goes into the savings account for that, and my new car.
I have plans to get my Volkswagen Jetta at the end of the summer. That actually has priority over the California trip, but yeah. It’ll run me about $18,000 (brand new :D), which isn’t bad. That’s actually REALLY good for a brand new car. My goal is to save up about 1/3 of that. 6k. Yup. Nah, I only expect to have saved up about 3 or 4k by then. I almost forgot about clothes, food, school, etc.
Regardless, the point of all of this is wise-spending. I can be a big spender at times, and it’s just me learning to cut back on all of that. I’ll probably be getting another job in the summer time to pay for some stuff anyway. Gotta work hard to make my dreams come true right?
At my last job my paychecks were tinyyyy. Like, so small it was ridiculous. I was learning to live off of 30, 40 dollars a week because that was all that I had after paying my bills. Now I’m a lot better off, but I just have to maintain that “living off of the bare minimum” mindset.
I took a photo yesterday. Well, a couple. Lol, people on tumblr seemed to like it. I don’t take as many pictures as I used to, but when I do I try to make them different. Or with a purpose. Not that I consider myself a photographer, but anything I do in life I want to have meaning. So the name of this photoset was “daily routine”. I actually have more ideas for that, but I just haven’t thought of how I’m going to execute them. It’ll all fall under the “daily routine” theme. Come to think of it, a DSLR would be quite nice. I should drop some hints for my b-day lol.
I also finished the next part of my story. I have a few places I want to take it, and its exciting me. I made it a point to make it more official-like. It’s longer than the previous ones, and I think it’s better written. I hope. Maybe I'll post it on here. If anyone cares to read it.
1 comment:
I find that living like I'm on my last 20 every week is cool. I mean, that's what I USED to do. Now I've upped it to 50. Such a baller am I.
Post the story.
Post a Comment